SEO is one of the most important marketing strategies for the business owners today. Your online presence can make you closer to your clients and target consumers. Also, through SEO, you can build a strong customer base. Whether it is a small business or the big business houses, SEO is an indispensable part of marketing today. And to do successful SEO, you need to build a website. The first criterion for making a site is to buy a domain name. That has to be unique so that it appeals directly to potential customers. You can consult the best SEO company to get ideas of doing perfect SEO. While buying a domain name, you need to decide whether you want to use WWW or you want a naked domain that is non-WWW. Whatever you choose, you have to do that while starting your website or blog and stick to it for a lifetime. Changing the URL is a great mistake.
Now, many people think having a website with WWW is always better than having a naked domain. But, this is not proved at all. So, here, you will get to know the difference between WWW and non-WWW domain and also have an idea which one is better for SEO.
Is There Really Any Difference?
You can consult the best SEO services to get an idea on this. Often, users ask the differences between the WWW and non-WWW URLs. Their main query is which URL is the best and whether they can change their URL. If you ask any experts, you will get to know that there is no such difference between WWW and naked domain. It depends on your personal preferences. But, there is a technical difference between the two which is not that much important to create a massive difference between the two and your decision of choosing that difference should not influence an URL.
Benefits of Choosing WWW vs. Non-WWW
If you go on finding any difference between the two, you won’t see that much. Google Search Console has opined that this depends entirely on the users’ preference. What you should keep in mind that you have to use the one URL you have chosen at the beginning and be fixed to it. You can let Google know your preference, and they will accept it. How to choose your domain name from Google Webmaster Tool?
- You need to go to your Google Webmaster Tools and click to visit your site.
- You will find a gear icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on it, and you will get a drop-down list.
- Click on ‘Site Settings’ from there.
- From there, you can choose your preferred domain.
Whether you choose an URL with WWW or with non-WWW, both are accepted by the search engines with the same importance. Even, Google can ban each page for not having effective keywords, or doubling the page or for entire content if it is found unworthy.
Technical Difference between WWW and Non-WWW URLs
Once there is WWW attached to your site name, it becomes the hostname for your website, and it works flexibly with DNS. This helps the users to stay away from the disturbance of cookies, especially when they work on multiple domains.
On the other hand, the non-WWW domains are known as naked domains, and they don’t come with this special benefit.
According to web experts, this doesn’t make a huge difference for the owners of websites. It is your personal preference whether to use www or non-www. You can use any of them for your blog or website. What you need to do most importantly, is to plan your SEO strategies tactfully so that you can stay ahead in the competition. How perfect can SEO help you to advance your business?
- SEO best practices can increase the speed of your site by eliminating all unnecessary information. Once the loading pace is fast, your customers will be happy.
- You can build mobile-friendly websites and get more priority by the search engines, like Google.
- Using long-tail keywords is an effective SEO strategy as they can grab more customer attention and increase traffic on your websites.
- Your website can only reach your customers when the content is catchy. Make sure you can impress your customers with well-researched, informative and error-free materials so that they stay on your website.
- You should regularly update your old posts and create new ones on the same topic. To increase organic traffic on your website, it is essential.
So, here you get to know about the difference between www and non-www URLs for your blog and website. Whatever you choose, you need to make your contents secure and plan effective SEO strategies to reach your customers and clients.